The future success of your company’s strategy management and talent management lies in the capability of your teams to learn faster than the rate of change in the environment.
Find out how your leadership team is doing now:
Does Your Team Need To:
- Become more of a team by working together more effectively?
- Align its priorities better?
- Coordinate and collaborate better with each other inside and outside of meetings?
- Address the gap between current and future needs of stakeholders?
- Engage in more fruitful conflict with each other or have vital conversations and its stakeholders?
- Learn more effectively?
- Create new ways of working together?
Build a team that works so well together, it can readily adapt to stay ahead of change and create stakeholder value now and into the future.
You can’t afford to rely on only a few members of your team to lead you to success. With the complexity of today’s interconnected, complex world, you need the capabilities of all team members for your company to remain relevant and viable.
- Stakeholders drive the agenda — engaging them is critical
- Your team is part of a complex system of internal and external players
- Most teams are inept at conflict and mishandling conflict destroys your ability to work together
- Companies today have less hierarchy with more complex relationships
- Work today requires complex and interdependent tasks that have far-reaching impact
- Connections are key to getting more done. Connection is more difficult with more people work virtually and/or internationally
- Some stakeholders are wary — public trust in institutions, corporations, and governments has eroded
When you partner with me as your Team Coach, you and your team will be able to harness the collective wisdom and capabilities of your team to remain competitive and relevant. Based on the needs of you and your team, you’ll be able to:
- Build a diverse and inclusive team that has the experience, perspectives, and skills to address challenges now and into the future.
- Hold better team meetings that are energizing and allot adequate time to address important issues.
- Handle conflict within the team that resolves issues and leads to better relationships.
- Move beyond “hub and spoke” reporting and allow the team leader to get out of the middle of everything as team members seek advice and feedback from each other more.
- See stakeholders as real partners who work with your team to create more value.
- Enhance team performance by becoming greater than the sum of individual team members.
- Transform your team or organization while running it.
- See team members become fully contributing team members, even if serving on multiple teams.
- Experience better relationships and performance of virtual, international and multicultural teams.
- Enable increased capacity to adapt and innovate faster as an organization.
- Increase alignment between strategic priorities throughout the organization.
- Increase employee engagement.
- Decrease stress and increase peace of mind as your team steps up.
- Increase your individual and team performance and productivity.
Team Coaching: What Could Partnering Together Be Like?
As we design the team development that serves the needs of you and your team, here are features of my coaching:
- Ability to partner with the team leader individually, with the team as a whole, or some variation of both.
- Our time together can be in-person or virtual, depending on circumstances.
- We can work together anywhere from 3 to 12+ months, depending on what you want to accomplish and any deadlines you have for doing so.
- Sessions could be with the team leader alone, meeting with the team, and/ or having me observe team meetings, conduct workshops or facilitated team discussions. We will decide together how much time is needed to for these sessions based on your objectives.
- You and your team can practice what you are learning between our time together.
Not sure you have the time for this? In the long run, spending time on team coaching will more than offset the time you spend on disagreements, rework, and on work that doesn’t create the value your stakeholders want and need.
Fell you have too many other things to focus on and think about instead? It might be a lot to think about when deciding whether or not to pursue team coaching. Yet, the supportive team development we create together will allow you to focus on what really counts. So you’ll feel less overworked and more energized because your team will solve more of their own problems and move things forward more effectively.
Not sure you want to spend the money on coaching for leadership team? The coaching you and your team need is not cheap. However, the investment will pay off in increased value for stakeholders, profitability for your bottom line, and better relationships inside and outside the team. Plus, we can accomplish a lot with leadership team coaching for less money than it takes to coaching each executive individually.
Even if all the members of your team are talented individuals,
it doesn’t mean they know how to work together well as a team.
The research shows that high-performing individuals on a team
do not make high-performing teams. (Wageman)
In fact, most teams report they are UNDERPERFORMING—
less than 10% of teams rate themselves as high-performing. (Team Coaching International survey)