Lead with Less Frustration and Greater Confidence by Becoming More of Your Unique Self
As a woman, are you confused about how you’re supposed to show up at work? Are you criticized for being . . .
- Too confident then told you’re not confident enough?
- Too “aggressive” then told you didn’t assert yourself enough?
- Too “girly” then told you come across too forcefully?
- Too “nice” then told you aren’t approachable?
There’s a reason for those frustratingly mixed messages.
Turns out recent research shows competent women in the workplace must also show “warmth” before they are perceived as confident. But the same is not true for men. They are seen as competent and confident based on their on their skills alone. Brother!
“Personal experience and empirical research suggest that it’s not enough for women to be merely as gregarious, easygoing, sociable, and helpful as men. To get credit for being warm — and to have their other strengths recognized — they might need to be even more so.” –Margarita Mayo
What would it be like for you if you could find your most authentic leadership style or brand without worrying about what others are projecting on to you? What would happen for you if you could crack the code to navigate your corporate culture more successfully? What if you could feel more confident that all of your hard work is paying off? What would it be like for you to see your team be successful beyond your expectations because their work is strategically aligned with larger initiatives and priorities and their engagement is through the roof?
Let’s take you from frustrated to confident & purposeful.
Become the wise leader who is confident and centered, no matter what’s going on around her.
Without embracing and cultivating your unique inner genius, you will continue to question or doubt yourself and miss the amazing destiny that awaits you. Simply occupying a leadership position in your company is not enough.
So, What’s the Solution?
First, you need to become more authentically “you” and stop “pretending” you know how to lead others. So many leaders rely too much on their positional authority. However, the days of hierarchical authority are waning. The world provides employees increasing opportunities to work whenever and however and for whomever they want.
This means, you have to get the best from others without having as much control over them as leaders did in the past. It’s time to tap into your unique inner genius and become the person and the leader that will have employees clamoring to work with you!
Second, you need to understand how to successfully navigate your company culture. To do that, you must understand the gaps between your behavior and communication that are keeping you on the “outside”.
“Beth is an excellent coach, analyst and consultant. We have used her services on several occasions to investigate difficult issues and provide solutions which have positively impacted workplace culture and practice. I highly recommend Beth for executive and human resource consultation and coaching.”— Clifton Sanders, PhD., Provost of Academic Affairs, Salt Lake Community College
Here’s How I Can Guide You From Frustrated to Confident & Purposeful
Become Yourself with Reflection and Techniques to Reveal Yourself to Yourself
You might need to do any or all of the following:
- Uncover your core values, talents, vulnerabilities, and triggers;
- Transform any limiting beliefs and fears into a mindset that supports and serves you;
- Find the hidden strength in your vulnerabilities;
- Create experiments and an action plan based on trusted feedback to test new approaches and change behaviors that aren’t working;
- Define your unique leadership brand and presence.
Systems and Techniques to Align Your Focus & Priorities
Based on your needs, we might explore:
- Decision-making tools to determine and reconcile where to put your energy and attention based company goals and values as well as your personal goals and values; and
- Techniques and systems to increase your focus and personal productivity by honoring your boundaries, availability, and commitments.
If this is an area for improvement for you, we’ll dive into:
- Strategies and guided practice around exerting personal influence, even for tough issues;
- Working collaboratively throughout your company;
- Using powerful everyday communication with your team.
“Working with [Beth] has been life-changing! . . . . I learned to work smarter . . . . [Now, I] leave the office each day with a sense of accomplishment.
— John E., coaching client
Become the Effective Leader You are Meant to Be.
Based on your unique needs, you get:
- The space to explore your unique situation
- Practical action plans for implementing your insights
- Easy-to-understand, step-by-step instructions for new techniques
- Experienced analysis of employee dynamics with an action plan for moving forward
- Practice role-playing situations to hone skills before you apply them
- A sounding board and accountability partner in me
. . . and so much more.
You will personally experience:
- More confidence and greater leadership presence
- Increased confidence
- Better working relationships company-wide
- Maximized talents, efforts, and results for yourself and your team
- Better and faster results due to alignment between goals, communication, and daily work
- Increased productivity and retention due to higher employee motivation and commitment