My passion is working with women who aspire to or are already in leadership in medium to large companies who want to fully step into their role as leader. I bring a fresh perspective to what you are already doing and can open your eyes to the untapped leadership potential you are missing in yourself. Whether you are You probably have excellent technical skills. But to take your yourself and your team further, you may need to look at how authentically you show up and how well you balance a accountability for results with fostering great working relationships. Be prepared to apply the same discipline you used to become technically proficient to leading your team.
Common areas of focus include: (1) exploring your unique genius — your talents, skills, behaviors, and beliefs — to create a stronger leadership presence; (2) building your company’s current strategy into the your daily work and that of your team; and (3) enhancing your ability to exert profound influence on employees and colleagues without relying on authority alone.
These are the ways in which I work with business owners and corporate executives:
Beth’s deep knowledge of management and leadership competencies, her extensive experience in HR, unmistakable professionalism, and lively, engaging teaching style—all combined to create a wonderful learning experience for our group. Her teaching style is both kind and very straightforward, an accomplishment in itself.
Beth could be very supportive of managers and at the same time perfectly comfortable with calling out behaviors and attitudes that could compromise their effectiveness.
The decision we made to invest in our managers’ professional development this way was an excellent one – and I highly recommend Beth’s services to any organization that wants to strengthen management, grow leadership, and create a place that engages employees to do their best work. —-Anne Burkholder, CEO, YWCA Utah
Our Process for Working Together
When you work with me, we will discuss what you are noticing in yourself and/or your work experience — stress, strained relationships, low morale, high turnover, stagnant growth. Then, we will look at what you want to accomplish. After that, we will explore the gap between what you want and what you’ve got. Listening to your experience, I will suggest different areas to explore, and we will determine how we will tell that our work together is successful.
Based on the specific plan we design together, you get:
- Me, as an outside, objective guide, coach, and mentor to take the worry off your shoulders regarding possible ways to approach the issues we identified
- Me, as your accountability partner to hold you to your commitments
- Relevant assessments to provide insight into your leadership of others
- Focused and productive time to unravel and address the dynamics you’re concerned about
- Practical action plans for implementing your insights
- New ideas and techniques to experiment with me at your side to guide and support you
- Easy-to-understand, step-by-step instructions for new techniques to try out
- Confidential practice role-playing situations to hone skills before you apply them
- Time to reflect on what works and what doesn’t
- Lots of laughs to lighten the mood when necessary
After we start working together, you will notice:
- Less frustration and greater peace of mind because things are in hand
- A more confident leadership presence
- Progress toward the goals and objectives you’ve identified as important
- Better working relationships and less strife company-wide
- Maximized employee talents, efforts, and results
- Better and faster results due to alignment between goals, communication, and employee work
- Increased productivity, morale, and retention due to enhanced employee motivation and commitment