Do you feel like an impostor at work?
As a woman, are you confused about how you’re supposed to show up at work? Are you criticized for being . . .
- Too confident or not confident enough?
- Too “aggressive” or not assertive enough?
- Too “girly” or too masculine?
- Too “motherly” or not warm enough?
There’s a reason for those frustratingly mixed messages.
Turns out recent research shows competent women in the workplace must also show “warmth” before they are perceived as confident. But the same is not true for men. They are seen as competent and confident based on their on their skills alone. Brother!
“Personal experience and empirical research suggest that it’s not enough for women to be merely as gregarious, easygoing, sociable, and helpful as men. To get credit for being warm — and to have their other strengths recognized — they might need to be even more so.” –Margarita Mayo
What would it be like for you if you could find your most authentic leadership style or brand without worrying about what others are projecting on to you? What if you could feel more confident that all of your hard work is paying off? What would it be like for you to see your team be successful beyond your expectations because their work is strategically aligned with larger initiatives and priorities and their engagement is through the roof?
In my experience working with leaders in all types of companies, I’ve seen what separates okay leaders from the best leaders: it is their ability to become the best version of themselves with integrity, compassion, and accountability.
“Beth is an excellent coach, analyst and consultant. We have used her services on several occasions to investigate difficult issues and provide solutions which have positively impacted workplace culture and practice. I highly recommend Beth for executive and human resource consultation and coaching.”— Clifton Sanders, PhD., Provost of Academic Affairs, Salt Lake Community College
You get an outside perspective and support.
Whether you are an aspiring leader or are already in a leadership role, I work with women, like you. Women who want to become more of themselves and to achieve tangible bottom-line results, without sacrificing working relationships.
Together we will create an approach that is tailored to your unique situation.
You will use your unique strengths and abilities to take your leadership to another level. With more confidence in using your genius, strengths, and talents, you will drive bottom-line results because you will foster increased employee morale, productivity, and retention. . . . with less stress and frustration for you!
And this translates to less frustration and greater satisfaction for you
and more efficiency and profitability for your team.
When you work with me, you may explore any or all of the following:
- Becoming more of yourself by understanding who you are and how you’re evolving. You may also explore how you come across to others and tweaking your approach for greater effect.
- Aligning priorities more strategically by ensuring your daily priorities, and those of your team, are in line with the company’s mission, vision, and values and current goals.
- Influence others with clearer expectations and daily communication to fostering better working relationships — without creating mixed messages.
“Working with [Beth] has been life-changing! . . . . I learned to work smarter . . . . [Now, I] leave the office each day with a sense of accomplishment.
— John E., coaching client
Become the leader you are meant to be.
Based on your unique needs, you get:
- The space to explore your unique situation
- Practical action plans for implementing your insights
- Easy-to-understand, step-by-step instructions for new techniques
- Experienced analysis of employee dynamics with an action plan for moving forward
- Practice role-playing situations to hone skills before you apply them
- A sounding board and accountability partner in me
. . . and so much more.
You will personally experience:
- More confidence and greater leadership presence
- Increased confidence
- Better working relationships company-wide
- Maximized talents, efforts, and results for yourself and your team
- Better and faster results due to alignment between goals, communication, and daily work
- Increased productivity and retention due to higher employee motivation and commitment